Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wikileaks and other things with holes in them

The one thing I don't understand about this wikileaks drama, and, no, if you haven't heard about it, it is not about Julian Assange's ability to break condoms before sex, is that some people seem stunned, stunned that the government keeps secrets. I no longer know how I feel about it. One ex-NSA contact of mine, says some disparaging things about Mr. Assange and I understand his reasons.

"People died as a direct result of him," the ex spy says. "He's scum and just wants to destroy the United Sates and embarrass us."

He did intimate that it would be hard to bring charges of treason against him given Assange's lack of U.S. citizenship, but he is sure there are other ways the government could get him and believes they should given the damage he has done and the people that died as a result of his action.

"You don't understand intelligence operations," he said. "Do you think they [al-Qaeda] can't act unless they have actual names. Even snippets of intel give them more than they need and now what interpreter would want to work for us?"

But the question I ask is this: has the release caused a confidential informant to die? We can never know for sure, but if what this ex-spy says is true, he damaged our ability to conduct diplomacy, so maybe this was a neo-con con job all along given their position of death not diplomacy. Hey this article has to have a little fun, no? I am its main backer, main writer, main producer, main editor, I am, in fact, iStringer, who is closely related to Matt Stringer in the sense that I am him too. This is virtual me. Wow, that was a tangent. Anyhoo...

Maybe for Christmas good 'ol Uncle Sammy will get Assange as a gift from the U.K. Maybe we'll just snag him or possibly, since he embarrassed Putin as well, he might just be eating some polonium sushi soon. Me, myself, I try to stay away from that brand of Sushi. Not done being alive yet.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment