Friday, December 31, 2010

A Kosher NYE, a personal post

This New Year's Eve I am going to spend it as if it were Yum Kippur: I am going to refelct on the year's events and what I did right and what I did wrong. I'm going to forgive all those who may have done something bad to me and forgive myself for the things I have done wrong. I'm going to reflect. I'm going to look forward. And my resolution is to never look back. It's hard to find your way if you're always looking behind you...and you also tend to run into problems since your not paying attention to what really matters: the present and the future, the things that can be changed with hard wrok and dedication. The past is just that, the past. It's good to refelct on it but obssevily reliving your mistakes and catching a case of the if-onlys and what-ifs never helped anyone. You can't change the past. Not yet. Not until someone builds atime machine. And if you read my one story you will notice the symbolism of isolation and being stuck and trapped. So happy New Years and don't drive drunk. Call a cab. Call a friend. Nut don't be stupid. You owe to yourself; you owe it to the society you live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment